Event Vendor Insurance
You can buy this coverage online now: Quote, Buy & Download
To start the process enter your postal code below.
Event vendor insurance is a short-term liability insurance that can help protect against the unexpected. It is also referred to as Commercial General Liability (CGL) and can help you meet the insurance requirements of trade show venues, public space rentals and farmers markets. It is a policy designed to provide protection for the venue and attendees and cover the following:
- If there is damage to the venue or property and you are found legally responsible.
- Coverage for your booth/kiosk
- If someone is injured due to an event such as a slip and fall
- Add on for coverage for your stock/property is available
Venue requirements for event vendor insurance
Venues typically require a minimum limit of liability coverage, so ensure you purchase the correct amount. Our vendor liability insurance offers liability limits of $2,000,000 and $5,000,000. Ensure you are purchasing the correct limits for the requirements of the venue. Often the venue will also request that they be added as an insured on the policy. For that you will need the full address and legal name of the venue and organizer. The proof of liability or a Certificate of Insurance will be provided to the venue to prove you have the correct coverage.
Type of products and services covered*
- Food products - baked goods, preserves, candy, dog treats, non-alcoholic beverages
- Beauty products- soaps, makeup, essential oils
- Household goods - baby items, clothing, furniture, plants, toys
- Arts & crafts - gift cards, prints, cards, handmade craft items, jewellery
*A full list of eligible products and services is available to choose from on the online quote process.
Eligibility criteria to purchase event vendor insurance online
The following is required to purchase and bind a online Reliance Insurance event vendor insurance policy:
- Premises coverage is provided for community facilities including conventions centres, recreation centres, community halls, churches, schools and city parks, etc located in British Columbia.
- Confirmation that no insurer has declined or cancelled similar insurance for any reason.
- The vendor (Applicant) revenue is not generated from wholesale or internet transactions.
- The applicant does not sell or serve alcohol.
- Fireworks & pyrotechnics are not performed.
- Does not cover injury to entertainers & performers.
- Coverage is limited to designated premises.
If your business does include serving alcohol, fireworks or entertainers, call us as we have additional options available to cover risks associated to these activities.
How do I purchase an event vendor insurance policy?
Reliance Insurance makes it easy for you to obtain a quote, purchase your insurance and download the policy.
To purchase a policy:
- Fill out the required fields - starting with the postal code - and details about the event and products/service being sold.
- If your event matches the eligibility criteria you will be quoted a price.
- Continue through to the credit card payment process. Reliance Insurance uses Stripe a secure credit card processing system.
- You will be emailed your insurance policy to print.
There may be certain cases where the event does not meet the criteria or has a higher risk requirement - such as fireworks. If that is the case a Reliance Insurance Agent will contact you to review your unique requirements and find an appropriate policy for your event.
If I buy an event vendor insurance policy online, who will help me if I have a claim?
You can be assured that the staff at Reliance Insurance is here to help you when you most need it. We have partnered with a leading Canadian insurance company who specializes in vendor insurance and has a superb claim service reputation. We are in the business to resolve insurance claims. Reliance even has a dedicated claims advocate to help navigate the claim process when required.
If you have any additional questions please call our small business insurance agents at 604-255-4616.
Quote, Buy & Download Your Event Vendor Insurance
*There may be circumstances where your insurance requirements require the expertise of a insurance agent. In the event the online system can not complete and issue a vendor liability insurance policy, one of our agents will call you within one business day to review your insurance requirements.