Top Five Password Manager of 2022: Why you never have to memorize a single password again
There’s a power struggle going on right now between humans and passwords, and the passwords are winning. As the pandemic drove us into our homes, the number of passwords we have to enter increased as we hunkered down online. It’s been said that a good password should be at minimum 12 characters including a mix of upper/lower case letters, numbers, and symbols. Factor in a recent Nordpass study that determined an average person needs to remember 100 passwords, many of us are forced to retain and recall an average of 1200 characters just to get by in today’s online world.
World password day
When a password is weak it is it strongest
Strangely enough, when a password is weak it’s at its most powerful. The second our devices are hacked and our data stolen, sending our lives and our businesses into chaos. Data breaches can easily sink a small business; no one can afford to be a cyber criminal’s next victim.
Top seven reasons to have a password manager
- Best defence to keep your data secure from cyber criminals.
- No need to remember all your passwords.
- Auto-login, or copy-paste id and pwd.
- Encrypted storage.
- Same tool on different devices.
- Generates unique password.
- Store unlimited number of records.
Best password managers
Fortunately for individuals and businesses alike, we have the ability to reclaim some of the power that passwords hold over us and bolster our cyber security defence. All it takes is enlisting the services of a password manager application. Most plans for business offer complimentary family accounts for employees, free trial periods, and then are billed annually. Before shopping for a password manager, take note of your devices, operating systems, and browsers to ensure you select a manager that will be compatible with all of them.
Designed with ease of use and a high level of security in mind, the following options in password management software applications are considered to be some of the best available today.
Business plan: $7.99 per user, per month
- Unlimited shared vaults and item storage
- Admin controls to manage employees, permissions, and delegate responsibilities
- Advanced reporting for compromised employee emails and vulnerable passwords
- Two-factor authentication for an extra layer of protection
- Free family accounts for all employees
- Custom groups to organize teams
- 24/7 dedicated business support
- Available on Mac, iOS, Windows, Android, Chrome OS, and Linux
Notable: 1Password won the 2021 award for Best Customer Support from Trustradius.com, a business technology review website.
Business Plan, with VPN: $8.00 per user, per month, with loads of features including:
- SAML-based single sign-on (SSO)
- U.S.-patented security architecture
- Security dashboard
- Advanced reporting
- Compromised password alerts
- Two-factor authentication
- Remote deletion of company accounts
- Smart Spaces separate work & personal accounts
- Unlimited devices
- Group password sharing
- Free Premium Family accounts
- Live chat support plus Expert email support, 7 days a week
- Technical onboarding support
Notable: Reviewers at PC Magazine selected Dashlane as an Editor’s Choice winner “on the strength of its security tools.”
- Team features for 50 or fewer members (individual private vaults, Share items in folders, data breach monitoring)
- 3 Single Sign On (SSO) apps with Multifactor protection (MFA)
- LastPass Families for employees
- Adoption Dashboard
- 1,200+ pre-integrated SSO apps
- Customizable user management
- Integrate with Identity Providers
- Advanced SSO and MFA add-ons available
Notable: “LastPass reporting dashboard is the most comprehensive real-time breakdown of employee interaction with the password software we’ve seen from a password management company.” – PC Magazine
Keeper Business plan, at $3.75 per user, per month, includes a free family Keeper for all users, plus:
- One-click access to sites with KeeperFill
- Strong random password generator
- Highest-rated mobile, web, and desktop apps
- World-class training and support
- Enterprise-grade security
- Security audit and reports
- Management of groups and policies
- Store confidential information and files
- Dark web monitoring available
- select add-ons