Auto Insurance Risk Analysis
Auto insurance is complicated. Work with an experienced ICBC Autoplan specialist like Reliance who understands the complexities of car insurance coverages.
When the policy and the planning are done correctly, this forms the foundation for complete and affordable coverage. We also offer private insurance options to those that qualify. Private insurance can result in significant overall savings while maintaining the same or superior coverage for your vehicle. We ask the right questions to ensure your policy covers the basics but also items that may have an impact on a future claim at the best value.
It really doesn’t matter what type of motor vehicle you need to insure, it’s more important to insure yourself, your loved ones and your livelihood against the risk of an auto accident, theft or other damages to your vehicle.
Reliance Insurance has extensive expertise in auto insurance. Although Autoplan offers a good basic package, the reality is that the minimums are usually not enough to cover loss and injury expenses.
We can help you determine the best coverage and optional coverages you may want to consider.
Now for the small print.
BC Auto Insurance Requirements
People who own and drive cars in British Columbia are required to obtain registration and the minimum basic liability insurance plan through Auto Plan by the Insurance Corporation of BC (ICBC). ICBC requires the registrant to purchase the insurance in person. The basic policy protection includes:
- Third-party liability coverage covers you when you’re at least 25% at-fault in a crash and another motorist or pedestrian makes a claim against you. Basic Autoplan covers up to $200,000 of their injury costs and vehicle damage.
Income Top-Up APV435 protects 90% of your after tax income if you are unable to work after a car accident. ICBC’s base coverage is capped on gross salaries of $109,000 or higher.
What affects Insurance Premium Factors?
- Registered owner(s) of the vehicle
- Primary driver and additional drivers
- Claims history and drivers license history
- New or Learner licensed drivers
- Rateclass (use of the vehicle) and territory (where the vehicle operates)
- Vehicle year, make and model (weight and declared value may also be a factor)
- AEB safety feature (autonomous emergency breaking)
- Odometer reading (discounts may apply if driven less than 10,000km)
- Senior discount
- Disability discount
Why You Should Choose Reliance Insurance
- Great customer service from experienced Autoplan agents
- Conveniently located in Burnaby by Hastings St. and Gamma Street
- Free on-site parking with designated accessible parking facilities
- Open Mon-Fri: 8 am – 5 pm, Sat: 10 am – 4 pm
- No appointments necessary
- Online insurance services available
- Automatic renewal reminders
- Fleets & Garage Insurance Management
- Professional advice on out-of-province and estate transfers
- Tips for new BC residents
Connecting You to Auto Insurance Experts
We are available to handle your ICBC insurance needs via phone & email. Please call 604.255.4616 to make an appointment with one of our car insurance experts.
You may need:
Private Auto Insurance
Your private car insurance policy should be tailored to your unique set of circumstances.
Get the correct coverage for your home with our proprietary risk strategy service.
Condo or Tenant Insurance
Protect your family, belongings and pets from damage, destruction or theft.
Specific marine insurance gives you more benefits for boat damage claims and liability.
Visit our office any time during business hours or call us at 604.255.4616
Reliance has been a pleasure to work with recently on both boat claim and home insurance …very accommodating, responsive and helpful. It’s this type of service that sets Reliance apart!
Tips for driving electric cars in winter
Tesla and other electric cars are popular in Canada The fall season has hit us with heavy rains and soon to be snow falls. The […]
School zone safety
School zone safety Even if you don’t have kids in school or a job in education, everyone with a vehicle is affected by school zone […]
Halloween driving safety: beware of goblins they are out to get you!
Halloween Driving Safety. Even though 2020 was probably the scariest year in our recent history, 58% of people celebrated halloween. And even though Covid-19 has followed […]