Auto insurance risk analysis
Auto insurance is complicated. Work with an experienced ICBC Autoplan specialist like Reliance who understands the complexities of car insurance coverages.
When the policy and the planning are done correctly, this forms the foundation for complete and affordable coverage. We also offer private insurance options to those that qualify. Private insurance can result in significant overall savings while maintaining the same or superior coverage for your vehicle. We ask the right questions to ensure your policy covers the basics but also items that may have an impact on a future claim at the best value.
It really doesn’t matter what type of motor vehicle you need to insure, it’s more important to insure yourself, your loved ones and your livelihood against the risk of an auto accident, theft or other damages to your vehicle.
Reliance Insurance has extensive expertise in auto insurance. Although Autoplan offers a good basic package, the reality is that the minimums are usually not enough to cover loss and injury expenses.
We can help you determine the best coverage and optional coverages you may want to consider.
Now for the small print.
BC Auto insurance requirements
People who own and drive cars in British Columbia are required to obtain registration and the minimum basic liability insurance plan through Auto Plan by the Insurance Corporation of BC (ICBC). ICBC requires the registrant to purchase the insurance in person. The basic policy protection includes:
- Third-party liability coverage covers you when you’re at least 25% at-fault in a crash and another motorist or pedestrian makes a claim against you. Basic Autoplan covers up to $200,000 of their injury costs and vehicle damage.
- Autoplan accident benefits cover you, your passengers and members of your household with medical costs, wage loss and more if you’re injured in a motor vehicle crash, even if you’re at fault. Accident benefits pay up to $150,000 in medical or rehabilitation costs such as physiotherapy.
- Underinsured Motorist Protection (UMP) is included and covers certain costs when another driver does not have insurance. The basic coverage is up to $1 million per insured person who owns or leases a vehicle.
- Hit-and-run damage and injuries are available to every BC resident, even if you don’t own or insure a vehicle. If you’re eligible, up to $200,000 is available to anyone whose property is damaged, or who is injured or killed in a crash on a roadway in British Columbia. It’s important to note whether your vehicle is damaged in a hit and run, the onus is on you to find the at-fault party.
Facts that affect premiums
- Who is the registered owner(s) of the vehicle?
- Who is the primary driver?
- Who else will drive the car?
- Have you had any claims in previous years?
- How long have you held a valid driver’s license in B.C. or elsewhere?
- Are New or Learner license drivers going to be using the vehicle?
- Is the car used for pleasure, business, or commuting?
- Does the car frequently leave the country – ie: going across the US border?
Why you should buy vehicle insurance with Reliance
- Customer service! It’s something we pride ourselves on
- Conveniently located in Burnaby at Hastings St. at Gamma Street
- Free on-site parking
- Open extended hours: Mon-Fri: 8 am – 6 pm, Sat: 10 am – 4 pm
- Designated accessible parking and facilities
- No appointments necessary (during Covid we encourage you to call for an appointment)
- Five agent desks – little to no wait times (during Covid protocols we will have two agent desks open at a time)
- Friendly, knowledgeable staff
- Automatic renewal notices mailed to your home
- Assistance with standard-issue or personalized license plates
- Out-of-province transfers and advice for new BC residents
- Complimentary coffee/tea while we process transactions (paused during Covid protocols).
Connecting you to auto insurance experts
We are open to do ICBC business via phone with email requirements. Call us at 604.255.4616 to set a guaranteed appointment with one of our car insurance experts.
You may need:
Private Auto Insurance
Your private car insurance policy should be tailored to your unique set of circumstances.
Get the correct coverage for your home with our proprietary risk strategy service.
Condo or Tenant Insurance
Protect your family, belongings and pets from damage, destruction or theft.
Specific marine insurance gives you more benefits for boat damage claims and liability.
Visit our office any time during business hours or call us at 604.255.4616
Reliance has been a pleasure to work with recently on both boat claim and home insurance …very accommodating, responsive and helpful. It’s this type of service that sets Reliance apart!
Hitting the road in a travel trailer, do you need travel trailer insurance?
The summer of 2020 is all about staycations and doing a road trip. Lucky for residents of BC, we have one of the most beauty […]
Simple car & trailer care tips before going on a road trip
Simple car & trailer care tips before going on a road trip Summer has arrived in Canada and with Covid still on our radar, many […]
Will your car insurance rates increase? ICBC is changing to a driver-based insurance model
Will your car insurance rates increase? On September 1, 2019, ICBC rolled out significant changes to auto insurance in British Columbia. Driving experience and crash […]