Aviation liability exposure
Aviation liability exposure presents one of the greatest risks to any aviation-related business including non-owned aviation companies such as fly-in fishing lodges. Losses have commonly been known to be in the millions of dollars and beyond, and third party aviation liability losses are excluded from standard liability policies.
Aviation liability insurance coverage is mandatory
Coverage is mandatory but this varies. Reliance Insurance can put together a plan designed to address any exposure your aviation business might have, regardless of size. We’ll advise you on the two main areas of necessary coverage: public liability, and passenger liability, and any others that may not be as obvious.
Areas of aviation coverage
- Public liability – covers the owners of aircraft for damages their aircraft may cause to third-party property such as buildings, equipment, airport facilities, crops or property on the ground, and damage to other aircraft damaged by collision.
- Passenger liability – provides protection for passengers injured or killed while riding in the aircraft. There are minimum requirements set out by Transport Canada for both private operators and commercial operators, with a specific limit for each passenger seat.
- Combined single limit – coverage combines public liability and passenger liability into a single limit per accident. This allows for greater flexibility in settling passenger claims without setting a limit per passenger seat.
- Premises liability – this provides protection for anyone operating at an airport, airfield or landing strip.
- Products liability – provides coverage for any manufacturers, fuelers or refuellers, maintenance, repair or overhaul operators from product liability losses suffered by third-parties as a result of their work.
Specialty aviation insurance is critical. Work with Reliance Insurance to ensure you have comprehensive coverage.
You may need:
Business Interruption Insurance
Prevent loss of income if your premises are damaged.
Protect your digital and financial assets against cyber attacks.
Directors & Officers
As a director or officer, protect yourself from being sued.
Media Crisis Training
Be prepared for the potential media attention in a business crisis.
The Reliance team takes care of almost all of our insurance needs. They’ve been proactive in ensuring we have adequate coverage for the risks our businesses engage in. They’ve done a great job protecting our company, property, assets, and ultimately our shareholders.
— President & CEO, Premier Diversified Holding
Cyber security experts comment on worldwide ransomware attack
On September 23, 2019, the United Nations and twenty-seven countries have signed a joint agreement on what constitutes fair and foul play in cyberspace. But the […]
The Hockey Shop: A $1 million insurance payment six days after a fire rocks the industry
September 23, 2017 was a devastating day for the owners of The Hockey Shop after a fire caused by arson destroyed the building and inventory […]
Reopening and protecting workers during Covid-19 : Video
Reopening and protecting workers during Covid-19 Date: May 26, 2020 Time: 9:30 AM PDT About the Presentation Companies with effective health and safety systems and […]
© Copyright 2023 Reliance Insurance Agencies Ltd. All Rights Reserved.