What makes Reliance Insurance a step above other insurance agencies? Our team of claim advocates.
When a consumer or a business buys an insurance policy from an agency or broker, the policy is secured by an insurance underwriter. When a claim has to be reported for a loss, the claim is handled by the underwriter and not the insurance agency or broker.
Our Reliance claims advocate works toward a fair settlement in a timely manner.
More often than not, underwriters handle claims efficiently and to the client’s satisfaction. But every so often, a claim may be denied or a dispute may occur between the consumer and the underwriter. This is where our team of claims advocates steps in. We get involved when Reliance Insurance clients have a particularly complex liability or property claim for business or home.
The Hockey Shop receives $1m insurance payment six days after a catastrophic fire. Find out how our claims advocate worked with the Hockey Shop and Northbridge Insurance to act swiftly to help local Surrey shop get the business back on track. Learn more.
Tips for a smooth claim process
- Buy the right insurance policy for your risks – focus on cover and deductibles, not just price.
- Understand your policy wordings. They can be complicated but your Reliance Advisor is happy to explain the fine print. That is what we are in business for! You do not want to inadvertently negate your coverages.
- Maintain your property and belongings. Insurance companies will not cover water damage if a burst pipe has been neglected and is in poor condition.
- Document all inventory, belongings, and possessions and take photos. If you have to submit a claim, you will have visual proof.
- Act promptly. Contact your broker or insurance company as soon as possible with visual documentation.
- Honesty is the best policy. Be truthful, insurance investigators have seen it all. And not being transparent will often lead to a decline.
If you're looking for an established, experienced insurance advisor, contact our insurance brokers today for a home or commercial risk evaluation.
You may need:
Get the correct coverage for your home with our proprietary risk strategy service.
We’ve got you covered for ICBC Autoplan or private insurance.
When the big one hits, we want to ensure you can repair or rebuild your commercial property.
Building, Equipment & Stock
We offer a wide range of coverage options that are flexible and affordable.
Sun Rich has been a Reliance client for over a decade. The team surpassed all expectations by being proactive, supportive and creatively thoughtful in addressing risks. During those unfortunate times where we experienced a loss, they were steadfast in guiding us to successful conclusions and provided us with appropriate resources.
— Vice President, Finance, Sun Rich Fresh Foods Inc.
Minimize Your Home Insurance Claims: Mitigating Water Damage
Mitigating Water Damage. It’s hard to overstate the level of damage that water can do to your home. Water damage has now surpassed fire as […]
Be prepared and avoid costly home insurance claims in winter
Fall has arrived in BC, and although September and October have had several days of record breaking temperatures – in certain parts of the province […]
Preserve the value of your high value home and avoid costly insurance claims
Home spring cleaning and maintenance tips Home spring cleaning. There is no better way to preserve or increase the value of your home than with […]