We specialize in house insurance
Reliance Insurance specializes in house insurance. If you live in a single-family dwelling, a townhouse or a condo we have a HomeProtect insurance package to cover your risk in British Columbia.
HomeProtect is a comprehensive house insurance program offered to homeowners in BC exclusively by Reliance Insurance Agencies.
Home insurance highlights
- Comprehensive home insurance
- Flexible policy delivery options
- Payments your way including monthly payment options
- Dedicated Reliance Insurance claims advocate
- CSR 24/7 options
- Guaranteed replacement cost coverage against loss or damage to your home.
- Personal liability insurance protecting you against allegations of negligence causing bodily harm and/or property damage to others.
- Coverage for your personal belongings kept in your home or even if they are temporarily away from your home (e.g. luggage).
- Competitive rates and extra discounts if you insure multiple properties with HomeProtect.
Policy extensions & optional coverages
A variety of policy extensions and optional coverages are available to help ensure your policy is customized without you buying more coverage than you need. A Reliance home insurance agent will help determine if you need extra coverage for:
- Perils such as earthquake, overland (surface) flooding and groundwater.
- High valued collections (e.g. wine, art, sports memorabilia).
- Valuables such as jewellery, bicycles and musical instruments.
It’s important to understand how we determine your risk in order to have your contents appraised and documented correctly, especially regarding unique, antique or custom furniture, wine collections, or art or jewellery. To help ensure a fair settlement on claims involving your valuables, it is important to be able to prove loss. We recommend that a detailed inventory is completed on a regular basis and a video record is made of contents and possessions. Ask us for our resources to help you complete a detailed inventory.
Specific insurance coverage
In addition to the overall property and liability insurance, home insurance can also cover:
- Wine collections, including breakage, access to wine experts to provide cellar management and proper wine storage
- Wine label coverage, protection against label damage which can reduce the value of the wine
- Fine art and other valuable collections
- High-end landscaping
- Newly acquired items: These are automatically covered to up to 25% of the total fine arts schedule, usually up to 90 days
- The mysterious disappearance of contents or personal possessions
- Equipment breakdown, coverage for air condition units, refrigerated units, water heaters, generators, elevators, water pumps
- Breakage of fragile items, including fine art
- Family protection for kidnapping and ransom, home invasion, carjacking and stalking threats
Save on your house insurance
Save on premiums with special rates and saving opportunities:
- Credit check authorization
- Monitored alarm systems
- Sprinkler systems
- Claims free
- Mature Homeowners (45 years of age or older)
The Reliance bespoke home insurance policy
If you own a residential home in Metro Vancouver with bespoke elements, or one that is unique, heritage or custom-designed not covered by a general policy, you need a customized home insurance policy.
Homes are often designed with bespoke features:
- Custom made cabinets, countertops or refrigerated wine cellars
- Smart storage and media rooms
- High-end or smart appliances
- Programmable smart tech app-driven functionality and security
- Temperate zoned landscaping elements with water conservation
- Elegant indoor-outdoor living features
- Pools, jacuzzis, lane houses
- Multigenerational living design
- Alternative energy systems
- Construction for increased daylight
- Finished basements
- Pet accommodations
- Car docking stations
Insurance is complicated and it’s best to work with a high-value home insurance specialist who understands the complexities of risk management. When policy and planning are done correctly, a foundation is formed for maximized payments and faster claim processing. We can also make recommendations for securing your home in order to minimize losses.
Connect with experts
Reliance Insurance has developed a risk strategy service to provide the correct insurance coverage for your home. We’ll help you get a free professional appraisal to determine your home’s replacement value. Our professional affiliates understand the complexity and care required to rebuild a custom or architecturally unique home.
Exceptional claims service
Reliance has a dedicated claims specialist to help you through what can be a very difficult and confusing process.
We have decades of experience and can advocate on your behalf to ensure the claim process is handled to the Reliance Insurance standard, including:
- Immediate contact after a loss
- A thorough and clear explanation of options
- Fair and efficient assessment of loss
- Prompt payments after a claim is settled
Based on the Pathway Claims Survey, 83% of respondents rate the Reliance Claims experience as good or excellent!
Bringing your home to life is a joy – let us help you protect it. Complete a detailed house insurance assessment with an experienced Reliance Insurance agent. We’ll help you document the features that make your home unique.
We know your time is valuable so we offer free at-home consultations to determine the best home insurance policy for your property and contents.
You may need:
Home Based Business
We offer a wide range of coverage options that are flexible and affordable.
Earthquake Buydown Insurance
When the big one hits, we want to ensure you can repair or rebuild your property.
We’ve got you covered for ICBC Autoplan or private insurance.
Enjoy years of sailing and boating, but insure your boat for the correct coverage.
We make sure that your policy is tailored to your unique set of circumstances. Call our dedicated high-value home insurance specialists today.
Top notch service. We had a break-in and Reliance Insurance were invaluable in making sure I was properly compensated for the loss. So glad we use them.
— Jules Wilkins
Simple car & trailer care tips before going on a road trip
Simple car & trailer care tips before going on a road trip Summer has arrived in Canada and with Covid still on our radar, many […]
Hitting the road in a travel trailer, do you need travel trailer insurance?
The summer of 2020 is all about staycations and doing a road trip. Lucky for residents of BC, we have one of the most beauty […]
How to save on earthquake insurance deductibles
How to save on earthquake insurance deductibles. In BC, we are at a higher risk of having an earthquake. To ensure your valuable assets are […]