the right insurance protection for your vintage vehicle.
Your collector vehicle needs are unique
Since classic and antique vehicles are all so different, your insurance coverage will be specific to your vehicle. There are many considerations that you and Reliance Insurance Agencies, Ltd. will discuss while creating a policy to suit your classic car. If you’re going to drive your car on a public road it’s critical to protect your investment.
How will you use your vehicle?
When insuring a classic car, consider how you will be using the vehicle:
- Will you only drive the vehicle to car shows or in a parade now and again? If so, your policy should be limited to those circumstances.
- Are you going to use your antique vehicle to go to the grocery store, hit the beach or visit a relative? Your policy should reflect this kind of usage.
Are you a fan of the classics?
Since you have purchased a classic or antique vehicle, you’ll want to insure your investment properly. This way, you can rest assured that your one-of-a-kind beauty from back in the day will be protected.
Typical coverage inclusions
A typical classic car insurance policy includes the following:
- Agreed value coverage – pays for the car’s full-insured value with no depreciation in the event of a total loss, less your deductible.
- Low annual premiums – by finding a insurer who only specializes in collectible cars.
- Flexible usage covers you if you are driving for pleasure or going to a car show.
- Inflation guard – to compensate for how classic cars increase in value over time, the policy increases the vehicle’s value quarterly.
- Spare parts coverage.
Additional collector vehicle coverage options
- Emergency towing in case of a breakdown.
- Roadside assistance for items such as a flat tire, dead battery or running out of gas.
- Specialty roadside service for guaranteed flatbed towing.
- Emergency lockout.
- Lost key return.
- Emergency travel expenses in case your classic vehicle breaks down while away from home.
- Car show expenses—policy will pay for expenses associated with missing a car show due to a breakdown.
- Theft reward.
- Personal effects — the policy will reimburse you for items that are vandalized or stolen when reported to police.
- Classic car club memberships are available.
Top ways to save on your premium
- Consider raising your deductible.
- Keep up your good driving record.
- Drive less to qualify for a discount.
- Drive a car with safety features such as anti-lock brakes, airbags, etc.
- Install an anti-theft device.
Live in the past while protecting your vehicle for the future. Contact Reliance Insurance Agencies, Ltd. at 604.255.4616 to learn more about our insurance solutions for your classic car.
Questions about your collector vehicle insurance? We’re here to help
You may need:
We’ve got you covered for ICBC Autoplan or private insurance.
Specific marine insurance gives you more benefits for boat damage claims and liability.
Get the correct coverage for your home with our proprietary risk strategy service.
Specialty vehicles need special insurance coverages. Reliance can help.
I recommend Reliance Insurance - they have handled all my insurance needs, business insurance, my cars, and my home insurance. They pay attention to make sure I am covered. It is great to have a one-stop-shop.
— Rod Nielson, Hot Rod’s Restos /Custom Car Designer & Builder
Will your car insurance rates increase? ICBC is changing to a driver-based insurance model
Will your car insurance rates increase? On September 1, 2019, ICBC rolled out significant changes to auto insurance in British Columbia. Driving experience and crash […]
World class custom car designer from Abbotsford, BC
World class custom car designer Rod Nielson was introduced to cars at a young age, following his Dad around building North American muscle cars in […]
Ride hailing insurance risks – passengers & drivers
Ride hailing insurance risks. Over the past few years, Lyft and Uber, popular ride-hailing companies, has expanded its operations into a handful of Canadian cities. […]