Food contamination, whether accidental or malicious, can have a devastating effect on a company's reputation and bottom line. There are several coverage solutions designed to protect your interests.
Food contamination issues are commonplace
Companies are learning that it is almost inevitable that they may run into a food-related problem. Our food insurance experts will provide you with contamination coverage to give you some peace of mind. Our coverage offers protection to companies throughout the entire food commerce chain, including processors, distributors, and retailers. Companies are learning that it is no longer an issue of if but when they will run into a food-related problem.
Food contamination insurance coverage can cover situations such as:
- Accidental product contamination
- Malicious product tampering
- Product extortion demand
Identifying the right coverage for your business interests and risk tolerance
Contamination insurance coverage can include:
- Pre-recall expenses to identify the cause, do lab testing and engage crisis consultants.
- Recall expenses, including third-party, media costs, transport, storage, redistribution,
- Post-recall costs pertaining to loss of profits, rehabilitation, adverse publicity and cleaning costs.
- Customer loss of profit
- Government recall
Food contamination can be catastrophic to your business if you are in the food and drink, pet food, or personal care products sectors – work with our food insurance experts to make sure that you are properly covered and positioned to rebound intact from this kind of incident.