During Covid-19 health and safety protocols, ICBC autoplan developed new rules that allow agents to continue to meet the needs of customers, without in-person contact.
These changes make it easier for Reliance vehicle insurance customers to buy, renew, or make changes to your ICBC autoplan policy. The good news is it easier to buy insurance with ICBC autoplan available without in-person contact.
ICBC autoplan transaction changes
Many insurance transactions can now be completed via phone and email. Call your Autoplan broker for more details about:
- New policies
- Transfer of ownership
- Policy changes
If you want to cancel your policy to reduce costs during the pandemic, ICBC has introduced some temporary changes to help.
For all drivers:
- The $30 cancellation charge will be waived when you cancel the insurance.
- The $18 plating fee will be waived when you choose to reinstate an insurance policy on your vehicle.
If you do cancel your policy, please remember to:
- Remove your licence plate and store it somewhere safe until you reinstate insurance or it’s safe to return the plates to your Autoplan broker.
- Park your vehicle off the road.
- Ask us about getting a storage policy to ensure your vehicle is protected while it’s not in use.
New ICBC procedures
ICBC insurance can be renewed, or amended by using telephone and email combined. A policyholder must have email to confirm the transaction.
- Insured can request service by phone and email at Reliance Insurance.
- We send the email to client requesting consent to receive customer’s personal information by e-mail.
- When we receive email with consent, we phone client and process the transaction requested and collect a payment.
- We email the printed customer and ICBC copy of processed documents and request client to print documents and sign ICBC copy on requested fields, scan signed ICBC copy and email back to us.
- After we receive scanned ICBC copy we print it out and complete with our support documents, and courier Customer copy and decal (if it is a renewal) to customer address. We offer two-day courier delivery.
As we enter into Phase 3 of the provincial guidelines we will continue to operate under the recommendations of Dr. Bonnie Henry. We will be going back to our regular office hours of Monday to Friday 8 am to 6 pm and Saturday 10 am to pm. We are now accepting in-office visits by appointment only. If you have to visit our offices, please call ahead so that we can be prepared for your arrival.