Reliance Insurance partnered up with BC Food and Beverage in 2007 after winning the Request for Proposal contest amongst insurance companies. Making Reliance Insurance the first broker endorsed by the BCFB.
BC Food & Beverage is a not-for-profit industry association representing food and beverage manufacturers in British Columbia, whose membership represents approximately $7 billion in industry revenues. The association advocates for food and beverage manufacturers by providing support in the following areas: government legislation and regulations, and education. The purpose of the association is to be a catalyst for success for our members and the food and beverage industry by building meaningful community and connections.
“14 years ago, I was fortunate to be introduced to the BCFBA and have been actively involved with the association ever since. Over the years, I had the opportunity to work very closely with a passionate and talented group of volunteers to grow membership, share risk management strategies with members, and plan and execute the evolution of FoodProwest and the Awards Gala dinner. It’s great to see new members and a dedicated team at BCFBA continue to build the food industry in BC. We look forward to helping the association through sponsorship, education, and camaraderie.” Mark Johnson, Commercial Risk Advisor, Reliance Insurance.
As the BCFB grew, it sought additional support opportunities by changing the format of the event into two parts in one day. During the day, the FoodPro event hosted a day of workshops, networking, and inspirational speakers over lunch and laughter. In the evening, the BCFB Awards dinner and gala featured the Innovation Award sponsored by Reliance Insurance. This event celebrated the accomplishments of entrepreneurs in food and beverage.
“Reliance Insurance has been a supporter of BC Food & Beverage and its members since the Association was founded in 2004,” says James Donaldson, CEO of BC Food & Beverage.
“Reliance has maintained a commitment to BCFB and its members – many of whom are clients of theirs – and important relationships like this allow us to continue to support industry.”
Top 4 Benefits of Reliance Insurance Coverage for BC Food and Beverage Members
- In the event of a disastrous event that may shed a bad light on your brand, we have a crisis media strategy to help you protect your brand and business.
- We arrange for a professional appraisal of your building to determine the current replacement cost to rebuild in the event of a loss.
- Failure to insure your building to its current replacement value may result in insurance penalties and lower than expected insurance settlements in the event of a claim.
Contractual Liability Reduction
- We strive to reduce your liability risks by transferring risk and/or negotiating more favourable terms by reviewing your contracts.
- Any time we can transfer risk or obtain certificates of insurance from third parties, we can negotiate on your behalf for potential reduced liability premiums and higher coverage limits.
Product Recall and Contamination
- Our food insurance experts will provide you with contamination coverage that offers protection to companies throughout the entire food commerce chain, including processors, distributors, and retailers.
Throughout the journey, Reliance Insurance supported an array of sponsorship opportunities, including awards, events, golf tournaments, and guest speakers focusing on risk management.
For more information about the insurance services for BC Food & Beverage members, visit our website.